Saturday, January 28, 2012

Let's do lunch!

Remember that ugly collage of scraps from my last post? This is what it looks like now. Well, it doesn't look like that now, but it looked like that after I did the technique I learned on Gingersnap Creations.

I may have gone too thick on the paint AGAIN because you can't see much of the paper underneath. I keep thinking I make it thin enough and I can see the paper when I'm painting but then it dries and I can't see the words on the paper anymore. If at first (second and third) you don't succeed...

I cut it into smaller pieces and added these beauties I found on The Graphics Fairy.

 I added some old lace and made the edges darker with some vintage photo distress ink.
I also added a little piece of paper doily.


That was fun!

I hope you have a fun, creative week!






3 comments:

  1. Susan, this turned out so fantastic!!! The background is beautiful, then the women are awesome, and the little dialogue is just too much! I love it, you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan they are both so wonderful, love the background and the ladies, the embroidery class I take is so nice and I learn so many new things, but yes you're right these classes are not cheap.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous! Your background is sensational!

    ReplyDelete