Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Triptych


A triptych is painting or carving with three panels hinged together. I made this project from the Romantic Gothic Ghosts workshop.  It was fun to work on and I got to use my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to put the grommets in. I bought that with a 50% off coupon from Michaels a couple months ago but hadn't opened it until this past week. New tools are fun, aren't they?  I tried to find tiny binder rings to hook them together but wasn't successful so I used some old seam tape.

On this third panel I used a technique taught in the workshop that uses wax paper over the photo. It gives the photo a neat texture and look.
Hopefully I will be doing a sewing project next. I have a million ideas for things to work on but there just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm sure that's true for everyone.

Have fun and stay creative!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of the seam binding instead of rings; looks great the way you did it!

    ReplyDelete