Saturday, June 25, 2011

Collaging

I found this beautiful image of the girl on Hope Wallace Karney's site Besottment. I put her over this crazy background I made. I had a bunch of tiny scraps of paper that were headed to the trash since I thought they were too small or weirdly shaped to use again. Something stopped me though and I decided to try and use them as a background. I was challenging myself to see if I could fill two pages without tearing or cutting, just using the scraps as they were. I got at least three quarters of the job done that way but then had to break down and tear the remaining pieces. I'm not saying it turned out beautifully but the challenge was fun.
You can see the crazy background on the left. I used some gesso to calm down the right side but left enough color so she had something to stand on. Check out Hope's site because she has a new really cute image available now.

4 comments:

  1. Susan your pages are beautyfully made, love the girl, she is so lovely and the background fits perfectly to her.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collage of pieced scraps, it makes an interesting background. I save scraps and use them in my art too. AND I LOVE the raindrops surrounding the girl, lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice comments, Anni and DeeJae! I really enjoyed working on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one, it turned out great! The girl is so perfectly suited to your creative background.

    ReplyDelete