Saturday, January 15, 2011

Someting Old, Something Newer

Since my first post I’ve been looking back at things I have made. I recently realized I have a purpose to create and did since I was a very young girl. Unfortunately , I was too insecure to think I had any talent so I didn’t do much to cultivate that purpose.That first picture is of one of my earliest creations. I have no idea how old I was when I made them. Luckily, I saved them. I used to sit and watch my mother sew at her machine in our basement. I loved the scraps that were leftover from whatever she was making. I made them into clothes for my dolls. I even made sure my plastic animals were dressed. Yes, I still have one of those too. Check out the over-sized groovy poncho.
I especially loved taking a rectangle shaped piece of fabric and cutting three armholes into it to make a wrap dress for my dolls. Mom taught my sisters and me how to sew and happily my doll making skills improved.
It’s not that I haven’t made anything in the last long while, it’s just that I didn’t really splurge on creating as I should have. This year and from now on I will splurge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So cool to see your creations! An artist in the making, dear Susan! Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete